Friday, May 24, 2013

What Song Changed My Life/What Song Changed Your Life?

I have always listened to music.  I don't know if there was EVER a time where I didn't.  I remember vividly, as a child, my parents had a small record player that I would take my pillow and blanket and lay down by it and listen to The Boston Pops rendition of "Fireworks", "Hall of the Mountain King", "The Grand Canyon Suite", all of their collection of Broadway musicals, 1960's popular trumpet player, Herb Alpert.  My oldest sister would play lots of rock n roll records or listen to the radio.  I loved how I felt when I lay down on the floor to listen... and the music would resonate in within my chest.

The song tho, that really made a difference in my life, was "A Little Help From My Friends" by the Beatles.  That was it, I plunked out the song on the piano.  My parents were amazed, and felt it wise to have me take piano lessons, after begging to learn, I took lessons. I am classically trained.

More to come...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my first rock songs I listen to was Puff the Magic Dragon...I was 5 (and no it was not the year it was released). The song made me start to think outside of the box. The first Albums were ELO and ABBAs greatest hits. I bought them on the "Black" market when I lived in Tripoli as a boy of 10. I had no clue what I was buying, but I really loved the ABBA songs. I guess that when I got hooked on the synth sounds.