Friday, December 5, 2008

Imaginary Road Studios Monday November 17

Monday morning came very fast. I was running a bit late, I needed to be up at the studio before 9:30am. I ran out the door and made it to the studio just as T Bone was setting down the bass guitar track down.

What a treat for me to watch this legend play such effortlessly. He got the track down, and then we listened to Nantucket and it sounded fab, of course. T Bone then went to get his accordion. He felt that it would sound great with the song. I was not so sure. When he started to play the track with Nantucket.. wow, it really added to the song. I enjoyed talking with him and enjoying his quick wit, and just the fun person he is.



After T Bone, we had lunch from the awesome Newfane Cafe. Food from there was fabulous.

Then Jeff Oster came to the studio to put down the Flugelhorn track for Midnight. The whole time I was at Imaginary Road, the studio has a very magical quality about it. I don't know if that was just me, or what.. I still feel that way.

Jeff Oster

The day started to take on a more chilly feel outside. While Jeff was recording his track, snow flurries were falling outside. I can't tell you what I felt then. It was as if, Nature was adding its say to the music.

Snow Flurries!

I took this photo during the session. It was very surreal. Once Jeff added the horn tracks, we all sat down to listen to what was accomplished. I. was. IN. tears. I know that sounds silly.. but I cannot tell you how this meant to me to be there, to work like this and to hear the music turn out the way I have always wanted to hear it. With Jeff and Eugene on Midnight with me on the Steinway, I could not stop myself from getting emotional. I can't wait to share what we accomplished that day. I must be patient tho. Once I receive the mixes from Corin, I'll be posting the music for you to preview.

Thank you for being with me along this journey. Its been about 2 and a half years in the making. We have more work to do.

More to come..
Post a Comment