Friday, December 5, 2008

Imaginary Road Studios Monday November 17

Monday morning came very fast. I was running a bit late, I needed to be up at the studio before 9:30am. I ran out the door and made it to the studio just as T Bone was setting down the bass guitar track down.

What a treat for me to watch this legend play such effortlessly. He got the track down, and then we listened to Nantucket and it sounded fab, of course. T Bone then went to get his accordion. He felt that it would sound great with the song. I was not so sure. When he started to play the track with Nantucket.. wow, it really added to the song. I enjoyed talking with him and enjoying his quick wit, and just the fun person he is.



After T Bone, we had lunch from the awesome Newfane Cafe. Food from there was fabulous.

Then Jeff Oster came to the studio to put down the Flugelhorn track for Midnight. The whole time I was at Imaginary Road, the studio has a very magical quality about it. I don't know if that was just me, or what.. I still feel that way.

Jeff Oster

The day started to take on a more chilly feel outside. While Jeff was recording his track, snow flurries were falling outside. I can't tell you what I felt then. It was as if, Nature was adding its say to the music.

Snow Flurries!

I took this photo during the session. It was very surreal. Once Jeff added the horn tracks, we all sat down to listen to what was accomplished. I. was. IN. tears. I know that sounds silly.. but I cannot tell you how this meant to me to be there, to work like this and to hear the music turn out the way I have always wanted to hear it. With Jeff and Eugene on Midnight with me on the Steinway, I could not stop myself from getting emotional. I can't wait to share what we accomplished that day. I must be patient tho. Once I receive the mixes from Corin, I'll be posting the music for you to preview.

Thank you for being with me along this journey. Its been about 2 and a half years in the making. We have more work to do.

More to come..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 2 and a half years in the making... that is a long time. But that's the way it is. That's normal. When everything is done and mastered it "sounds" so good and effortless, and there seem to be no traces of the hard work and patience that went into it all. I mean the end product sounds like it was born on its own! I can't wait to hear it. I know it will be magical. I will be looking out for the new tracks!!!
~Inga