Sunday, October 14, 2012

Annoyed...

Ok so.. sometimes I write about things that really bug me, and tonight is one of those nights that I am seriously bugged.

I worked on getting my Bio and information on Ping which was a musician info site within iTunes.  I was on them to get it done. I am happy to say, it showed up!  I was quite happy when that happened.. until now.  The last day in September of this year ( I think that is when), iTunes got rid of Ping.  *sigh*  Technology comes and goes, different websites come and go... and so I did a search on iTunes to see if I could find any kind of biography on myself.  ( yeah.. I know sounds a bit stalkerish!! lol )  Nothing, NADA, zip... zilch, zero.  My pet peeves with these guys.. is they rely on Rovi ( they are the aggregator for AllMusic.com)  All Music has all the information regarding my music etc... but here is the killer... NO bio.  I've submitted my information SO many times, they have not updated it.  I've researched as to how to get them to update the information.... and its like running into a wall. I must confess tho, I did write an email, thinking I would never hear from them, and I got a shocker!! They wrote me back telling me they have everything that I sent them including the short bio.  For some KOOKY reason, they have not put any of the info I sent them onto my All Music Page.

So, why should I get so worked up about something like this? Well, as an Independent Musician, not having the support of a major label, it causes frustration because you want the information to be correct,  especially when the info is aggregated into iTunes, MOG and other websites that uses the All Music Guide that is powered by Rovi.  Major labels know how to get that info online and active.  Me? I have to continue to be the squeaky wheel. HOPEFUL it gets sorted out...

Jumping down from my soapbox..

I am happy to say, there are some REALLY good things coming up in December.  I will keep you posted about it all!

Peace in Music,

Kori

No comments: