Thursday, August 6, 2009

Home...

After what seems like years of being away... I am home. I went to Vermont to work at Imaginary Road Studios... to mix in Surround Sound. I am quite happy how the music turned out. I think we have a few more tweaks here and there.. but other than that, I will have surround mixes of Trillium. I took my 10 year old daughter with me... and we had a great time just hanging out with one another. Seeing Imaginary Road and staying there in the summer time was FUN! Jane had fun "planting" sticks around the area. I met Rocky Fretz and his lovely wife.. and of course hung out with Will and Susan. Corin as always, did a rockn job mixing/mastering the surround mixes. We took many pictures of the Vermont area.. mostly of the Stickney Brook and the West River. They have had SO much rain and the bugs were out in force. I have NEVER seen ants as big as there were in VT! lol I even got bit by some no-see-ums. In fact.. I was the main course.

After Vermont, Jane and I drove back to Boston on Saturday the 1st of August. We drove down the 2 East. Which was a beautiful drive. I must confess New England is one of my favorite places to visit. We hung out at our Hotel because of being ultra tired. Sunday morning came roaring in.. we did our laundry, etc. The mundane things of life. I met Bill Bernardi the maker of the Lyricon. Google that.. and I guarantee an interesting read.

Then... I had an interview on WICN Tonal Vision show with Karen Mungal. We drove to Worcester pronounced by the locals Woosta... Its not Wor chester. its Woosta.. rhymes with Rooster. Many of the locals had a good laugh at how I thought it was supposed to be pronounced. The concert was amazing. As with any concert..if I don't remember to take pictures it ain't gonna happen .. and it didn't! *sigh*... I was too focused on playing the music.. and staying in a mode where I could perform. I met some wonderful people and the studio that I performed in was fabulous. Karen is a lovely woman.. and I enjoyed talking with her.

We drove back to our hotel.. and I think Jane and I ended up going to bed at 11pm Eastern. I was exhausted and slept soundly. We woke up Monday morning and got ready to fly from Boston to Minneapolis. OF course there was NOT a direct flight on American.. so we had to fly to Chicago.. make a MAD dash to connect to our flight to Minneapolis. Imagine... us running in the Chicago Airport going from the K concourse to the L concourse.. "Home Alone" comes to mind... we barely made it.

What is the chance in life that you have friends in two different states that have the same last name? Well... Will Ackerman... of course in Vermont. My best friend and her family live in Minneapolis.. and their last name is Ackerman!!!! NO relation there.. but it makes an interesting story. We arrived in Minneapolis in the evening.. the sun was still up.. and it was SUPER to see Kathy and her family. We have not seen each other in a while... so it was a good visit. They took us to the Mall of America on Tuesday. THAT place was wild. I met Bill Binkelman there.. and that was cool. VERY nice guy. I enjoyed talking with him.

Wednesday came all too soon. We flew from Minneapolis to Chicago.. then Chicago to LAX. It was hard to be done.. but I told Jane to be happy instead of being sad. Happy for the experience she had.

Its been a very interesting summer. Fraught with challenges. Who doesn't have them right? Mine seem to hang by a thread at times.. and I am often perplexed at what to choose.. and where to go.

Many of my choices tho lately.. have been good for me on many levels. I have chosen to never let the negative bring me down. Sure.. I can wallow in it and make myself unhappy in that choice.. but I choose to enjoy what life hands me. Not saying I don't have my down days.. but I tend to decide to stay positive to matter what.

I will be posting pictures! Onwards and Upwards!

No comments: