Friday, December 21, 2007

Dan Fogelberg


When I was young.. this man was singing his songs. I really loved every song he wrote and sang. His voice was clear and easy to hear. I cannot believe he is gone. He was too young ... had more in him. I am grateful that he shared his musical soul with us.. and his wife was so supportive. He was only 56.

Many a time when my heart was lonely and was hurting.. his music would be playing on the radio.. and was able to soothe my sorrows.

Peace on your journey Home, Dan.

KT

1 comment:

Garrett Larkham said...

When I left home for my first on-air Radio job, my father drove the 3 hours to the small Ontario town where the gig was. We were both philosophical about getting experience in a small market and career planning and such.

Finally we crossed the mountains and heard the 1000 watt station where I was to begin my shift in less than an hour.

What was playing? Leader Of The Band.

My normally unflappable dad and I got so weepy that he almost lost control of his car. Dan Fogelberg's songs have genuine passion. That is rare and that is why his gifts will be enjoyed for many years to come.