Friday, January 6, 2012

Kickstarter Album Campaign


My purpose in writing to day is to ask for your help with the production of my new album "Fire in the Rainstorm". 

I really want to continue to create and release my music. The past year, I have been writing some very innovative songs. Being influenced by so many things this time, friends, family, the ocean, poetry, history, current events - this album has been an extremely wonderful emotional journey.  I am very excited to share with you, the music that is coming out of me.

Will Ackerman,  founder of Windham Hill Records and Grammy Award Winning guitarist, is my producer. This is my fourth album and the second album he and I will be working together on.  He believes in my ability as a composer otherwise - he wouldn't work with me in order to create a solo piano album worthy of a Windham Hill production.

Everything is set in place; the producer, studio, engineer, songs. I need a little help from you to make this happen!  Every dollar will go towards the album: paying  engineer(s), studio time, getting the piano in tune, mixing/mastering. Everything that makes a record a truly wonderful creation of music.  

I had a few friends talk to me regarding Kickstarter.com. It is an innovative way to raise money to fund creative projects.  Kickstarter sets up a project webpage for potential investors to learn about projects and make pledges for the projects they want to support.

I have created a Kickstarter campaign to fund the production of "Fire in the Rainstorm". 
Please make a pledge to help make this album a reality. Please tell your friends and family about this project, that would help too! 

If the campaign is not fully funded by February 3rd, then the project does not get funded and the pledged money is not collected.

To learn more about this project and make a pledge, go to this link:


If you have any questions please feel free to email me: kcarothers(at)mac(dot)com

Peace in Music,

Kori Linae Carothers

No comments: