Thursday, July 10, 2008

Songs I am working on...

I am rehearsing for the next song to be worked on. Actually.. there are three that I am working on. First I will write about Nez Perce.

Nez Perce, is inspired by the Nez Perce nation. Its my way of expressing my feelings about their story. For those of you that don't know much about them, I would ask you to visit these websites:

Chief Joseph

Nez Perce Tribe

I first learned about this tribe when in Junior High. My history teacher had us watch: " I Will Fight No More Forever". It was about Chief Joseph and his tribe, how so many things went wrong from the get go when people started settling in the Wallowa Valley. My heart ached, I felt so sad about what happened. About a year ago, I found this movie on DVD, and watched it again. Once again I was touched by their story. Before I bought my first Native American Flute, I composed a song that sang about my feelings about their story. Now I am ready to record it at Sonikwire Studios on July 15th using the Korg as the accompaniment and my Native American Flute as the main instrument. I am so excited to be finally doing this.

I've been searching for someone from the tribe to see if I could get a recording from them speaking Chief Joseph's words in their native language. So far, I have yet to have an answer to my research. I am determined. I know that somehow, I'll find a way.

The other two songs I am working on are A Roses Tale, and Blue Ice. A Roses Tale I am re-doing all the parts from the ground up. I lost some of the files that I had and so I've got to record everything all over again. *sigh*.. BUT I am feeling very inspired that it will all work out.

Blue Ice is completely Korg Synth right now, I am looking forward to having this one recorded. Its the most ambient of the songs from Trillium.

The facelift for my website is coming along quite nicely. I can't wait for you all to see it! Our girls did some of the artwork you'll see on it.

That is what I am up to for the remainder of July.

More to come...

No comments: