Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Listen to Styx "Come Sail Away" while you read this...

Today, amidst the running around. I took some time and sat down and closed my eyes and thought of how my past has brought me here in this time of my life. I am so thankful for friends past and present.

I am so thankful for those lessons that have caused me pain and sorrow, that taught me how to stand up and stay strong, even tho inside I wanted to crumble and fall.

I want to live in joy instead of constantly hanging on to situations that would cause me to be less than I am. As I wandered in my thoughts my memories came upon those that have taught me lessons, even though I may not have them in my life anymore, I am a better, stronger woman for the experiences I had with them.

I will be the first to say I like growth and change, but I don't like the pain that comes with that.

For the longest time, I could not focus. I was uncertain where my path was going to take me. Now the fog that has been clouding my way, is gone.. and I am happy that I can focus on my beliefs, family and music.

Now that I can see clearly, I look into the depths of life, and do I see fear?..no only challenges that will continue to test me, to refine me into a better, forgiving, loving, human being.

Come Sail Away with me...

1 comment:

tissa1020 said...

Kori - that is beautiful!
Forgot about that song... thanks for reminding me -- and the memories...

Sailing away with you...

"Carry ON!"